Book Review: Paper Girls - Volume One.

Thursday, October 13, 2016


In the early hours after Halloween of 1988, four 12-year-old newspaper delivery girls uncover the most important story of all time. Suburban drama and otherworldly mysteries collide in this smash-hit series about nostalgia, first jobs, and the last days of childhood.




STRANGER THINGS MEETS THE LEFTOVERS !! 

This. Where to start?

I'm very nostalgic about the 80's so I thought that I should give this a go -- and it really does it for me. Especially after binge watching Stranger Things. I'm convinced that show could have been inspired from this volume. 

I’ve always loved the day after Halloween. The idea of getting up early and roaming the neighborhood just to hang on to Halloween a bit longer sounds like a great plot. You can find some strange shit the day after the candy coated costumed night! Signs of tricks and treats still linger—like smashed pumpkins, lost pieces of costumes, toilet paper dancing in the trees, and a feeling in the air. That half let down, half still spooked out vibe whispers around the edges of the day. November 1st can be just as spooky as Halloween sometimes. 

In the early hours after Halloween, four paper girls meet up and realize Earth has been invaded by time travelling aliens. 

This fun, fast graphic novel caught my eye at first sight. The colors pop off the cover and pages! I loved the look. Throw in kick-ass female characters, action, and 80's references and I’m a happy woman. Freddy Kruger and more! The 80's shout-outs made me love it even more. Look for the John Lennon announcement on TV too. I highly recommend this if you loved Stranger Things.





xoxo,

Tiffany

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Living Like Vikings. Design by Fearne.