Heart Searching.

Thursday, October 6, 2016

When I was a little girl, I use to love World War 2 movies. I imagined myself being in them. I dreamed of growing up, braiding my hair and then tucking it up under my helmet. I planned to disguise my gender so that I could join in. I sensed that the men in these movies were something heroic, valiant and worthy. I longed to be a part of that too. In the depths of my soul, I longer to be a part of something large and good; something that required all of me; something dangerous and worth dying for. 
There is something fierce in the heart of a woman. Simply insult her children or her husband, and you’ll get a taste of it. A woman is a warrior too. But she is meant to be a warrior in a uniquely feminine way. Somewhere before the sorrows of life did their best to kill it in us, most young women wanted to be a part of something grand, something important. Before doubt and acquisition takes a hold, most little girls sense that they have a vital role to play; they want to believe there is something in them that is needed and needed desperately. 
We awed to the nurses in Peal Harbor, how in the midst of a horrifying assault they bring their courage and strength to rescue the lives of hundreds of men.
The women in the Lord of the Rings trilogy are valiant and beautiful - - - women like Arwen, Galadriel and Eowyn change the fate of Middle Earth. 
Not “safe” and “nice” women, not merely sweet. But passionate and powerful women who were beautiful as warriors. 
Sometimes the idea of living as a hermit appeals to us all. 
No needs. 
No pain. 
No demands. 
No disappointments. 
But that is because we have been hurt and worn out. In our heart of hearts, that place we where we are most ourselves, we don't want to run away for very long. Our lives are meant to be lived. We long for adventure, and we have adventure. 

xoxo,
Tiffany 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Living Like Vikings. Design by Fearne.