Robert F. Thomas Chapel -Tennessee, USA

Putting Family First.

Thursday, October 13, 2016


Something I read on Facebook this morning:

I was listening to the radio this morning and they were discussing how women used to fix a meal every night, serve the children, serve the man, and take care of the family. They were laughing and cutting up about how their wives struggle to even get a meal on the table today. It kind of made me sad. Somewhere along the way, women felt that putting the family first and taking care of them meant that they had no place in the world. When did loving your family and putting them first become a bad thing? Don't get me wrong, I'm always busy, I have worked full-time jobs, part-time jobs and sometimes not at all. I understand not being able to get supper on the table, eating leftover pizza, or food straight from the microwave. But come on, just because a woman decides to put her family first doesn't mean she doesn't have a place in the world.



"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white, and your body gets weary - - - when you are subjected to sit in a rocker and meditate on the course of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your kids have turned out. Do not trade your birthright as a mother for some bauble of passing value. The baby you hold in your arms will grow quickly as the sunrise and sunset of the rushing days."   - - - Gordon B. 

My thoughts on that. 

XOXO,

Tiffany


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Living Like Vikings. Design by Fearne.